Monday, May 11, 2009

/bored

*Yawn* It's one of those periods of time when nothing interesting is happening in the MMO world. Yes, the Land of the Dead is coming soon. But as I had said in my previous posts, Mythic isn't exactly selling the "free expansion" to me. Too many PQs, a bit too complicated for my liking and still no major improvements to end-game. So...yeah, I'm not interested.

Free Realms looks nice. I bet it's a nice game for nice people. The more gameplay videos I watch, the more I read about it, the nicer this ultra-casual game seems to be. My only issue with this MMO is it being too nice. I really want something more rugged and fantasy-like. Pixies are cute but I'd rather kill orcs or take keeps. So even though the game itself may turn out to be awesome, it just isn't my style of an MMO.

WoW is being WoW. I'm still playing. Not as much though, I mostly log on to Lake Wintergrasp and an occasional BG. Although BGs are getting really old really fast. They say that there is a new BG coming our way, so that is something to look forward to. But guess what, it's not enough for me. More open world PvP please ^_^. In PvE non-news, I got pretty fond of the Argent Tournament. The fact that there is something under construction there makes room for some expectation. Another stage of the Tournament? A new arena? Perhaps a jousting arena? Or maybe a new dungeon? We'll have to wait and see.

You can now sign up for Starcraft II beta. I know, it's not an MMO. But it is a potential base for a new MMO by Blizzard. The Universe of Starcraft, Starcraft Ghost or even a new IP will be big even if it will suck. And I hope it won't. I want a great new game and unfortunately I don't see any other developer company that is able to create something genuinely terrific, a WoW-killer. In any case, the new Blizzard MMO is too far ahead. But who knows, maybe they'll reveal their secret next-gen MMO at this year's Blizzcon. Or they could at least announce the third expansion to WoW.

No comments:

Post a Comment