Sunday, August 30, 2009

A Little PvE Can't Hurt



Well the Cataclysm excitement has worn out a bit. I'm still playing WoW and still feel pretty bored with WoW's PvP. The burnout has pretty much passed but I try to find something interesting to do in the game. Due to my blasphemous nature I decided to go PvE and through myself at the mercy of the deadly boss dolls (sorry, mobs). Instances in WoW are like Alterac Valley plus 10. Thanks to the recent changes in Patch 3.2 I can now get some nice PvE gear without actually spending too much time raiding. The Trail of the Champions is a big loot pinata, so I'm happy to say that gear isn't such a big deal anymore. Again thank you, Blizzard, for raising the quality of life in the game.

Hardcore raiders may bitch and moan about the game's turn to a more casual audience, but the majority wins, so put a sock in it. PvE, as most of the things in an MMO, is as good as the group of people you're doing it with. I'm back with my old guild and I actually have fun running heroics. It is an awesome thing that Blizzard decided to give the players a good reason to run the basic Northrend insctaces and experience the quality of these short and fun pieces of art. Raids are great and all, but there are basically three of them and despite the good look, it will get in your nerves after ten or so wipes, so you don't run around staring at the walls. Plus getting a handful of the Seals of Conquest in 15-20 minutes is a bargain.

No comments:

Post a Comment