Monday, April 6, 2009

A bit about WAR

Damn...I hate to say it, but WoW has been taking most of my gaming time. And not just because of my determination to get to 80 and explore everything there is to explore in the expansion. I'm not playing that much because I'm no longer having fun with my Engy. I still like the class. The main reason for my discontent is the type of realm (open RvR) and the faction.
I made a mistake getting on an open RvR server. Taking keeps is a useless activity unless you are at the top of your tier. There will be dumbass players in higher tiers taking a keep and ripping you to shreds, although they get nothing for that. So it is scenarios for you until you grow up to play with the big boys. Some may call me a sissy, but I like having fun in a game and not going to pains just for the sake of being hardcore.
The faction. I can't stand Order! I bit the bullet just because I liked playing the Engineer but now I can't take the cheesy feathered helmets of the knights of the blazing sun, the puritan clothes of witch hunters and the uppity elves that look too posh to fit in the game. Order has no character and even the Slayers can't do anything about it. I feel ridiculous running around with wimpy looking humans. I realize that the time of choosing your side has long gone and I should have thought about that earlier but we all make mistakes. And seriously that is not such a big deal - so I'll have to either level my squig herder from tier 2 or get a new alt. I'm thinking of getting a Choppa. We'll see.
Not liking the faction is not much of a complaint really. Although I played a human in WoW and liked the Alliance. Mythic has made Order too dull; I still can't shake the feeling that Order is portrayed as some loser that is made fun of. I may be wrong. By the way in all the trailers Destruction was kicking Order's butt. How is that for an advertisement?
So I'm going to the dark side to look for fun there. I just hope that such discontent with one of the factions isn't the sign of just getting sick of the game all around.

No comments:

Post a Comment