Sunday, March 22, 2009

Be the Master of Puppets


PvP should be different altogether. Playing a scenario in WAR I realized that I didn't feel like I was PvPing, it was like I was killing mobs. I guess that you get so used to RvR (or rather ZvZ for zerg vs zerg) that it turns into another type of routine slaughter. I am not bashing WAR right now. Their PvP model is awesome.
But I start thinking that for PvP to be more of a human vs human player experience you have to be able to have more control over your character's actions. I am eyeing Darkfall. I followed the game for some time, watched videos, previews. As far as I understand, the PvP in the game is more like actual fighting, the style that you can see in Oblivion. You don't just click and see your character fight the opponent, while throwing in some spells and abilities. You actually hit and block and hit again yourself. Now that is the direction that PvP games should evolve in. More human factor.
Considering Darkfall, I don't think that I'll be playing the game however. I cannot say that I like how it looks or that it is worth trying out for me. There is a bit too much realism in the graphics for my liking. I like cartoony things. Plus the type of character control isn't the only thing that makes a game fun. Unfortunately I haven't seen anything that would excite me. However I am not the one to judge, considering that I haven't actually played the game.
In any case, I like the Darkfall type of PvP; but seriously - playing 3 MMOs? No way.

No comments:

Post a Comment