Saturday, March 7, 2009

Bitter Rivals

The Slayers are coming hurray-hurray, the Slayers are coming hurray-hurray!
Oh yes, the new patch and some sweet new classes. I really liked the cosmetic changes to some arms and more detail in maps. The Open RvR Rallying Cry is a thing I've craved for for too long. This new feature has made Open RvR more dynamic, taking a keep "while no one is looking" is now possible only if the opposing side are a bunch of lazy blokes. Although the highlight is most certainly the Twisting Tower scenario. It is a wonderful scenario, you get to fly up to the tower, it looks good and there are a lot of places for my engy (Klondike Snow who has become my main after all) to set up his turrets. The dreaded columns are a pain! Those pesky sorceresses and zealots are getting from the line of sight, who do the thing they are?! But no matter...
The event itself isn't such a big deal, I guess it is OK. There isn't much to say about it, it is a lot like the Night of Murder. You do quests that are not that difficult, I was actually expecting something more challenging. But I have to hand it to the devs, it is not difficult or easy enough to be boring. I had fun, so thank you, Mythic.
Now getting to play the new classes early is a sweet deal and I am reflecting whether I should play a Slayer. Of course I am going to try one out but am I going to really get into the class? The tattooed dwarf is attractive, to say the least. But I am not a melee type of guy; and the fact that there are going to be loads of them out there isn't exactly selling the class to me. Not that it should matter to anyone wanting to play a berserk but it kind of does matter to me. Another demerit is that I'll have to level yet another dwarf through all the stuff. Do not want! But we'll have to wait and see - who knows, maybe the Slayer will be such a cool character that I'll forget all about the leveling burden.
But if you're not going to be a Slayer the new class wave is a perfect time for making an alt. The starter zones are going to be full and the fist PQs will most probably be a blast. Regardless of having a tank or a healer as an alt, you will be in high demand. Slayers can't tank or heal themselves and suddenly you appear on the horizon, a shiny Rune Priest extending your healing touch upon the dying Slayers, prolonging their quest to find death and restore honor! You'll be a star - chicks will digg you. And that leads me to believe that a high-level Slayer will lorewise be the biggest loser a Slayer can be - you're alive, what kind of a Slayer are you?!
That is all just jokes. I am actually very excited about the new classes, they will make RvR so much better. It is such a pain going up the stairs to the keep lord - the first guys showing their faces on on the second floor die if you have anything less than awesome healers. A character that can get through all the people to make room for the ranged guys (like me) is a real treat. The times of awesomeness are almost upon us. I am almost sure of it. Don't let us down, Mythic.

No comments:

Post a Comment