Saturday, March 14, 2009

Killing Time in WAR


What do warriors do in between battles? They get ready for the next one. What is there to do when there is nothing going on in WAR? Well you can go get some coke out of the fridge while waiting for a scenario to pop up. You may go PvE. Although that is not for me apparently. If I wanted to PvE, I'd just play WoW. But I don't - so I play WAR, which is, as stated by Mythic, a constant battle. Unfortunately there is no such thing as constant battle (in the game of course). So there are certain times that can be characterised as ... truce I guess. During those times you can just as well go afk or log out.
There is just not enough to do in the game. PQs are certainly a great way to get xp and some gear, but I mainly use them as a means of killing time while waiting for a scenario or a call to arms. I just stand near a PQ location and pick out mobs, then go to a scenario, then go back to killing mobs. It seems that they put the PvE content because you kind of have to. You can't have an mmo without PvE. So there - knock yourself out.
Mythic could really do something about the crafting system. It hasn't been fun before and it isn't fun now. I'm starting to think that the only way to make it better is just changing it altogether. It could have at least been like WoW's trading skills. Instead we get some skills that are in fact useless from the economy perspective. And we get a billion of potions that basically do the same thing but with insignificant differences. 1500 health over 12 seconds or 1233 health over 7 - choose wisely young dwarf! Do we really need such diversity? I'd like to see potions that differ by the amount of health they grant you and not the time that they need to do their job.
I just can't shake the feeling that most of the things in WAR aside RvR are there just for the sake of being there, just because it's the rules. The world of WAR lacks depth.

No comments:

Post a Comment