Sunday, March 22, 2009

Quality PvE

Having decided to take up WoW again an get my mage to lvl 80 after all I have given myself the opportunity to make my gaming experience more diverse. I am now playing both WAR and WoW, and that means that I'm making half the amount of progress in both. In any case I'm not in for the leveling race.
Wrath is actually very very good to say the least. Even though I didn't like it from the start in the Borean Tundra, I find more and more good quests as I get deeper and deeper into Northrend. And the fact that I am not actually committing to the game makes it a relaxed lay-back experience. It is nice to have some high quality PvE every once in a while. The quest chains get pretty interesting and I like the rewards. And the fact that you don't look like a clown in the gear you get is also a big deal for me. I am not going to describe the gameplay or the quests - it has been done a million times already.
Blizzard have really outdone themselves with this expansion. And I am not talking about any innovations, I can't say that there is anything conceptually new in Wrath. But quality is oozing all over Northrend. The "new and improved" quests would have never hooked me for Wrath, but the looks of Northrend did. The ambiance is phenomenal and the best thing contributing to it is the music. I have always liked the way Blizzard structured the environments (Hillsbrad and all) and it still doesn't seize to amaze me. I just wish Mythic could make the Warhammer world as open and captivating.
Now the thing that always bugged me. Making lots and lots of gold. Strangely I discovered that it is not as hard as it used to be. Maybe it is just the prices for gold clover are way up but I made 1100 gold in two levels (70 - 72) - that's not much but still. I never was great at making money in WoW, always having just enough to afford mounts and learn spells, but now gold isn't such a big deal.
I am having fun with WoW so far. I guess it will last till the awesomeness of the environments along with music rub away a bit, but they still hold a tight grip on me.
Quality can make even the things you didn't initially enjoy look like fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment